Information on applying
Information on applying
Useful information to help you complete the application process
How to apply
A full information pack containing details of each vacancy is available on the relevant vacancy page or can be obtained by contacting the Human Resources Team on 01756 706210 or at firstname.lastname@example.org .
You may either:
- download the pdf or word version of the application form and once completed either e-mail it to email@example.com or post it to us at the address below;
- contact us for a hard copy of the application form and post it to us at the following address:
Craven District Council
1 Belle Vue Square
If you choose to submit a CV please do so in conjunction with a completed application form and only in relation to a specific vacancy.
Completing the application form
* Please complete the form in black ink so that it can be photocopied for the selection panel. If you are unable to complete the form you may ask someone to do it on your behalf.
* Ensure that you complete all parts of the form. If you have insufficient space please continue on a separate sheet, mark it clearly with your name and the vacancy to which it relates and attach it securely to your application form.
* The job description outlines the duties of the post and the person specification tells you the knowledge, skills and experience that we require.
* When completing the application form, show clearly how your knowledge, skills and experience are relevant to the post and give supporting evidence to demonstrate the statements that you make.
* Relevant skills may have been gained other than through paid employment, so you may want to include leisure, voluntary and domestic responsibilities you have where relevant skills have been developed.
* Referees will be contacted once an offer of employment has been made. Please ensure that referees know that you have applied for the post and may be contacted.
* Check the closing date and allow time for your application to reach us.
* We suggest you keep a copy of your completed application form.
If you are related to a Councillor or any Council employee please indicate this in the relevant section on the application form. It is important that you do not try to influence any elected Council member or employee as this would disqualify you from the application process.
Equal Opportunities monitoring
Craven District Council is committed to equal opportunities in employment and therefore wishes to ensure that no applicant is treated less favourably on unjustifiable grounds. To assist Craven District Council in the monitoring of its performance in relation to equal opportunities we ask that you complete the questionnaire attached to the application form so that meaningful statistics can be collected. The questionnaire is used for statistical purposes only. Upon receipt it will be separated from the application form and will not be made available to those responsible for shortlisting or selection decisions.
Applicants with a disability
If you consider yourself to have a disability please indicate this on the relevant section of the application form. The Equality Act 2010 states that "A person is disabled if they have a physical or mental impairment which has a substantial and long term effect on their ability to carry out normal day to day activities."
If you have a disability and would prefer to submit your application on tape, you may do so. Your recoding should follow the format of the application form. If you would like any recruitment material printed in large print or Braille this maybe requested from the Human Resources team on 01756 706210 or firstname.lastname@example.org at any time during the recruitment process.
Human ResourcesEmail: Human ResourcesTel: 01756 706210Fax: 01756 700658