Have your say (current consultations)
Have your say (current consultations)
This page lists all of the current consultations and opportunities to get involved in shaping the services, policies and decisions made by Craven District Council.
How to keep up to date with all the latest consultations
- Join our Residents Feedback Panel to be notified about future Craven District Council consultations
- Sign up to receive a copy of the Council's monthly e-newsletter, Community News newsletter.
- Visit the latest planning policy news for all the latest planning consultations.
- Visit the view and comment on a planning application page to see details of all planning applications that have been received by the Council since 2000.
- Complete a Consultation Registration Document [120kb] to advertise your consultation or community engagement event to appear on these pages.
- View feedback - If you have recently commented on a consultation ran by the Council, feedback will be made available on the You said, we did (consultation feedback) page as soon as it is available.
- Follow us on Twitter @CravenCouncil or join the Craven District Council Facebook page to be notified about consultations.
All consultation materials are available in Braille, audio, large print and alternative languages. If you require consultation in an alternative format please contact the Policy Development Officer .
The amount of time feedback takes to produce will differ according to the consultation.
Your Money, Your Say - 2017/18 Budget Consultation
How do you think the council should spend your money?
The council has begun the process of setting its revenue budget for the 2017/18 financial year. We want to know if you think the council spends your money in the best way or if you think we could spend it better.
More details on the Budget consultation can be found here: Your Money, Your Say! - 2017/18 Budget Consultation
The consultation closes on November 4th, 2016.
Council Tax Reduction Scheme 2017/18 Consultation
Each year the Council has to decide whether to change the Council Tax Reduction scheme for working age applicants in its area.
This year the Council has decided that changes should be made to bring the Council Tax Reduction scheme in line with the changes made by Central Government in Housing Benefit and Universal Credit.
We want to know your views on the proposed changes to the Council Tax Reduction Scheme.
More details on the Council Tax Reduction Scheme consultation can be found here: Council Tax Reduction Scheme 2017/18 Consultation
The consultation closes on November 11th, 2016.
Council Tax discount for unoccupied and unfurnished properties consultation
Craven District Council is carrying out a consultation on proposed changes to the council tax discounts for unoccupied and unfurnished properties.
More information about the consultation can be found here: Council Tax discount for unoccupied and unfurnished properties consultation
This consultation closes on November 18th, 2016.
Ingleton Riverside Park Consultation
We need you to help us decide the future for Riverside Park, Ingleton!
The plans and consultation can be found here: Ingleton Riverside Park Consultation
This consultation closes on October 21st, 2016.
Draft Local Plan consultation - this extended consultation ended on May 31.
Further consultation will be taking place later this year.
The consultation is about the council's local plan. A local plan is a document containing text and maps, setting out how land should be used for such things as housing, employment, recreation and conservation. The aim of the plan is to achieve our economic, environmental and social goals through sustainable development. Policies in a local plan are used to decide planning applications.
The last consultation documents can be downloaded at www.cravendc.gov.uk/newlocalplan and reference copies are available in local libraries and at the council's reception desk.
Craven Museum & Gallery and Skipton Tourist Information Centre
Craven District Council is consulting on the options for redeveloping Craven Museum & Gallery and Skipton Tourist Information Centre, both housed within the Town Hall. The latest stage of public consultation is now underway to find out what people think about this exciting idea and to help shape the way forward. Craven Museum & Gallery is already a popular visitor destination with 64,000 visitors last year; staff want to find out what people like about the current museum and how they think it could be improved both in layout and in its displays and activities.
The museum will celebrate the history of the Craven district, the many historical places it has to explore and share our stories with future generations. As part of this project - and to find out more about what you feel is important for museums to achieve - please answer our questionnaire. The Craven Museum 2020 survey only takes a few minutes.
Consultations and involvement opportunities from other organisations
DCMS #OurCulture Discussion - Have Your Say!
From the arts to museums, galleries and heritage, Department for Culture, Media and Sport DCMS is the government department that brings together all aspects of culture to ensure #OurCulture contributes to vibrant and healthy communities across the UK. They have set up a discussion platform to share and discuss ideas under each of the strategy's main themes. The DCMS will soon be launching proposals for a new cultural strategy, and these views will help inform that strategy.
You can get involved by posting your ideas and comments against each of the four main challenges on their website
- Places: Ideas on how how culture brings together communities across the UK.
- Funding: Building financial resilience in cultural organisations and new funding models.
- People: How people engage with culture and how to ensure everyone can access and experience culture.
- Cultural Diplomacy: Working with our cultural institutions to promote Britain abroad.
Policy Development OfficerPolicy Development OfficerEmail: Policy Development OfficerTel: +44 01756 700600