Search site

Licences and street trading

Craven District Council is responsible for the control and licensing of an extensive range of activities and businesses in the borough.

  • Alcohol and Entertainment Licence

    Premise Licences, Personal Licences and Temporary Events

  • Cinema Licence

    Any public performance of a film exhibition is controlled under the Licensing Act 2003

  • Gambling Licenses

    Gambling is controlled by the Gambling Act 2005.

  • House to House Collections Licence

    To carry out house-to-house collections for charitable purposes in the Craven District, you must make an application to the Council.

  • Sex Establishments

    Sex establishments must be licensed under the Local Government (Miscellaneous Provisions) Act 1982, as amended by the Policing and Crime Act 2009.

  • Street Collections Licence

    To collect money or sell articles for the benefit of charitable or other purposes in England or Wales, you require a street collection licence from your local council.

  • Taxi and Hackney Carriages

    Information on Private Hire or Hackney Carriage Drivers licences and taxi ranks

  • EU Services Directive

    The EU Services Directive aims to break down barriers to cross border trade in services between countries in the EU. It will make it easier for service providers, particularly small and medium sized enterprises, to offer their services to customers in other EU countries, whether establishing elsewhere in the EU or providing services remotely from the UK.