We run lifeguard courses at various times throughout the year. They are usually held during school breaks and/or when we have sufficient demand. This course will be the new National Pool Lifeguard 8th Edition, and is internationally recognised as the best lifeguard course available.
Our lifeguard courses are generally run during the school breaks
Our next course will run during from Monday 10th April until Monday 17th April 2017, and we are currently enrolling
Monday to Friday 9am - 5pm
Examination Monday 17th April - 10.30am - 5pm approx
These are very intensive courses, with a practical examination on the last day. 100% attendance is compulsory. All candidates must be 16yrs old on the first day of the course.
There is a basic level of fitness required for the course:
- you have to demonstrate that you are fit and healthy
- jump or dive into the pool in the deepest point
- swim 50 metres in 1 minute or less
- swim 100 metres continuously on the front and then on the back
- tread water for 30 seconds
- surface dive to the deepest part of the pool (diving into water of greater than 1.5metres causing pressure on the ear/s)
- climb out unaided, without using steps or a ladder.
It is important that each candidate has a good swimming ability, because this course does not teach individuals how to swim.
Course & examination fees
To register your interest please click on this link and send an email to the centre with your name and contact number. or alternatively call the Centre (01756) 792805